SKYSAILOR™ SOLAR WING SETS
Praxis Aeronautics builds custom solar powered wing sets to order for specific applications. The completed sets are fitted onto customers electric powered drone platforms.
- Ultra Long Duration - Solar technology increases flight duration over standard battery powered UAV by 200-300%*. SkysailorTM technology enables your UAV to achieve the longest range on the market;
- Ultra Strong - The only structural solar encapsulation currently available on the market. Capable of deep stall landing;
- Ultra Affordable - Available for all budgets, the process accommodates both Silicon and Gallium Arsenide cells;
- Ultra Light - The process adds no or little increase in weight as it uses the solar cells to replace structure;
- Ultra easy - Praxis replaces your existing wing with its SkysailorTM composite wings;
- Ultra Smart - Solves the problem of solar cell integration in a light, tough, and cost effective solution.
* Sunny day 300%, Partly cloudy 200%
Contact Praxis to discuss giving your UAV the competitive advantage.
SRP LYNX CASE STUDY
Praxis Aeronautics has developed a solar variant wing for the Swift Radio Plane (SRP) Lynx for Australian Defence supplier XTEK to increase the current daytime flight duration from 3 hours to 9+ hours. Flight testing by XTEK and Praxis of the solar Lynx wing commenced in May 2018.
MINIATURISED ON-BOARD POWER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Praxis Aeronautics has in development a miniaturised on-board power management system (with features not currently commercially available) to complement its lightweight solar arrays for UAV.
Functions and Benefits:
- Maximum Power Point Tracker (MPPT) - to extract maximum available power from the cells under varying solar conditions;
- Balance charger - to keep batteries at their highest charge state and optimum performance for longer;
- Data link - to monitor performance of the solar array, battery conditions and energy usage;
- Easy integration with any flight controller and ground station.
The system is due to be released in December 2018.